WRAPPING UP 2019

Once Christmas is over and the new year is right around the corner, I find myself doing the same things I do every year, and that's (like everyone else) reminiscing about the past year and getting ready for the next! I have a few things that I do every year towards the end of December that help me do exactly that. Here are those things:
1. Listen to my 2019 Playlist. 
I make a playlist at the beginning of January and add songs to it all throughout the year. I stop adding to it in the summertime because I create a separate "summer playlist" and I also stop adding to it in the fall because I create an "autumn playlist." But then in the winter I begin adding to it some more. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but it's the method I use and I love it. I listen to all 3 of these playlists because it takes me back and reminds me of all the times these songs were being played and the different mindsets I was in. Once the year is over I then archive them and move them down the list with my other past year playlists!
my 2019 tracks playlist
my 2019 summer playlist
my 2019 autumn playlist
2. Spotify Wrapped
I love the Spotify wrapped and seeing my top artists and songs throughout the year. I'll share mine.

3. Highlights of the year
This is something I like to do here on my blog whether people read it or not, because it is so fun for me to read it years later. I make a post on my blog highlighting specific things that happened that were super memorable and fun that year. I'm working on that post now so I will have it up soon!
2018 highlights
2017 highlights
4. Add to the New Years party playlist
I'm noticing that music is a big part of my life, and I think making certain playlists have become a tradition in a way. My family New Years Eve party is a giant dance party and this is something new that I do because I was just barely put in charge of the music last year, so each year I now reach out to everyone in my family and we add the songs of the year to our playlist for the party. This year is a little harder because it's the end of the decade so we have to find all the dance tunes throughout the past 10 years! I'm excited though!
 our New Years playlist
5. Decade Faves
Because it's the end of a decade I have made yet another playlist compiling my favorite songs since 6th grade. Music just transports you places and to me, it's the best way to remember specific times. I have the worst memory, but it's the songs that help me remember everything. These are the songs that pretty much shaped my life and the things I love.
my decade faves playlist (still in progress)
6. 2020 Vision Board
Because I am such a visual person, I make a vision board every year to hang on my wall. Visuality is how I learn, how I become motivated, and how I stay inspired. I put images and quotes that I love and am inspired by on a paper to leave up in my room all year long. It constantly reminds me of who I am and want to be and what I love and hope to achieve. I'm a believer that if you hang something up and look at it everyday and manifest it consistently, it can come to fruition.
7. New Years Resolutions
I'm huge on New Years Resolutions so that is something I do at the beginning of January and work on throughout the rest. I will be posting mine soon.
2019 resolutions
2017 resolutions

The time from Christmas Day to New Years day is probably my second favorite time of year because it's a time where my family is constantly together and I get really excited about making goals, anticipating the future, and just savoring what's left of the year. From making this post I've realized I'm a huge list maker, playlist maker and tradition keeper. I genuinely do all of these things every year because it sparks so much joy and excitement in me. Happy New Year and look out for the next few posts I make that I've mentioned in this one. I can't wait for 2020!

Comments

back to top