Highlights of the year 2019!

Happy New Year!
Now that it's January 1st, I wanted to share a few highlights from the past year!
I had a really great time in 2019.
Of course there were bad moments and many struggles, but that's never going to change. That's Life. I'm here to share the happiest moments! I had so much fun, and overall it was just a good year. I have my amazing family to thank for it. 
I can't believe we're starting a new decade, but I am ready for it and I'm beyond excited. One of my favorite singers/actors referred to it as the "soaring twenties" and I really like that. 
Cheers to 2020!
Here are some of my most memorable moments of 2019:
1. SPRING
Last year our winter was absolutely horrible and I feel like it lasted forever! In fact, it did last forever and there was a moment where I thought I'd never see the sun again! I'm not the type of person to really get depressed, but I swear I felt my body and mind slowly shutting down and I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere anymore. I couldn't wait for spring, so once the sun started shining and the snow started melting and the flowers started blooming I felt like a new person! I had such a spring in my step (no pun intended) and I was so happy! It was unusual for me because I usually never look forward to the springtime, but I was so grateful for it this year and it put me in such good mood.
2. HAWAII
In May, Abbie and I went and visited our other cousins who were living in Hawaii for the year! We had been talking about going to Hawaii for years and this year was our perfect chance to go! Hawaii is absolutely stunning. We had such a blast exploring, going to the beaches, learning about the culture, and scuba-diving. We enjoyed staying with Jake and Anna who we hadn't see for about 9 months! We watched New Girl and played Mario Party every night and explored together every day. It's so hard to sum up trips because so much goes on and I could talk about it forever, but we created memories to last a lifetime and we're constantly reminiscing! I love Hawaii. Abbie, when are we going back?
3. STRANGER THINGS ON JULY 4TH
My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love every single thing about this day and this year Stranger Things season 2 was released. This is one of the greatest show out there. We drove to Liz's house that morning and watched the first 3 episodes, then drove home and made food, baked cakes, had a family BBQ, and watched fireworks before binging the rest of it. I couldn't describe my perfect day any better.
4. FAMILY CABIN GETAWAYS
One of my favorite places in the world is our family cabin. We try to go up every month in the summer and fall and this year was no exception! I love being up here because I get to disconnect from the world and connect with my family. It really rejuvenates me because my phone is useless and I focus more on having fun and spending time with my loved ones. The amount of card games and dinner conversations are endless, and actually seeing the stars in the sky at night are just a few of the reasons why I love it so much. I have so many memories at our cabin and I'm so grateful that I get to keep on making more.
5. REMODELING MY BEDROOM
This summer I decided that I need to do something to my room. I needed some serious change and I needed a project to work on. It boosted my mood so much and I wasn't expecting that. I think it's so important to love and feel comfortable about the space you're in. I loved filling it with things from my travels and photos and trinkets I've taken and collected while making it fit my style. It took a while but I learned a lot and was proud of it. It was so nice to just force myself to be creative and more organized. I love my room!
6. BACKYARD SUMMER NIGHTS
We had so many dinner parties and BBQ's in our backyard this summer. It was a space where all of my family could get together and cook up some good food and enjoy each other's company. If you know the Summerhays family, you know most nights are a party for us. The weather was so nice this year, so almost every night we grilled burgers and played uno around the table. I cherish moments like these so much.
7. FINDING OUT I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!
I'm going to have a niece end of May or early June and I'm so excited!! I love babies and I just can't wait to meet her!
 8. AJR CONCERT
This concert was not only a highlight of 2019, but a highlight of my life. AJR is my favorite band on the planet. Their music to me is the type of music that literally pierces your soul. I can't describe my music taste any better. Every song is perfection and their style is unlike any other artist. Lot's of people would disagree, but that's the beauty of music. I went to their Neotheater concert in Salt Lake and it just blew my mind. These boys are straight up music scientists. They put on THE best performance I have ever seen and I've accepted that no concert will ever be better. There's no way.
9. NEW YORK IN DECEMBER
For my 21st birthday, my three cousins and I took a trip to New York City. I really wanted to visit the city in December because it's always decked out for Christmas time and there is so much to see and do. By far my favorite thing we did while we were there was see the Broadway play, Dear Evan Hansen on my birthday. I've been listening to the soundtrack for forever (ha! no pun intended) so it was massively anticipated. It exceeded all my expectations and more. An absolutely stunning play. It's coming to Salt Lake in March next year and I really want to go. We went to so many amazing restaurants and found our way around the city ticking off our list of things to do! I love this city so much and I had such an amazing time!! I love my cousins for coming with me.

That's it for year 2019!

MY 2019 ALL TIME FAVORITES
movies: 
Little Women
Downton Abbey
Spider-Man Far From Home
songs: 
The Entertainment's here // AJR
American Boy // Glee Cast + Estelle, Kanye West
In My Life // The Beatles
Beige // Yoke Lore
tv shows: 
Lucifer
The Office
books: 
The Charlotte Holmes Series
Harry Potter
albums: 
Neotheater
Dear Evan Hansen
Fine Line
activities:
Game Nights







Comments

back to top