2020 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS


I am a huge believer in New Years Resolutions. Every year I take a while to write down the types of goals I want to set for myself and I'm usually really detailed about it because I think about it for a long time. This year, I want to try something different. I've made a fewer amount of goals and things I want to do but I've made them really specific. I wanted to try a simpler and much more straight forward approach. Another thing that I am going to do this year, that I've learned I need to do, is put my resolutions up on my wall. They're not something I check as much I would like to, so I need to have them in my face all year. I know this is going to help me a ton.
Here are my New Years resolutions:

1. LEARN TO PLAY THE PIANO
This was on my resolution list for 2019 but this year we ended up snapping some strings on our piano and never getting around to fixing it, so this year I am SO determined. I'm sick of not being able to play an instrument or read music 😂. I bought my piano book and told my mom she is teaching me no matter what, so it's going to happen. 

2. PLANT A GARDEN
My inner grandma is coming out and I want a garden. I hear so much about how good growing a garden is for your health and mood and I've witnessed it through my grandma for so many years (I'm convinced she'll outlive me). I think it would be really good for me and give me a project to constantly have while working on a new skill. 

3. DRINK MORE WATER
I am so bad at drinking water. I'm a big Diet Coke drinker and this last year it has finally started affecting my body in a negative way. I'm not going to say "no soda" because otherwise I'll give up on this goal, but I'm going to fill up my water bottle every morning and carry it around with me as much as I can. I've learned the best way to stay more consistent is to first add in the good and slowly take out the bad so that way you're not quitting cold turkey and you don't give up because all you want is the Diet Coke. 😂

4. CUT BACK ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I hate social media sometimes. I often envy people who just don't care about it or aren't caught up in it and I kind of want to be more like that. I love taking pictures and sharing memories or writing about my experiences, but the endless scrolling for no reason multiple times a day can really get to me. I'm really aware of being on my phone when I'm around people because I hate that, but when I'm just alone I want to use it in a more fulfilling way and not waste so much time! It's hard, but I know it will pay off.

5. ACCOMPLISH A HEALTH GOAL 
I've had a ton of health issues since graduating high school a few years ago and my body has been going through a lot. I've had to be careful with what I was or wasn't doing with my body and the things I've been eating or the medicine I've been taking. It was really hard because my body wasn't reacting the way I needed it to, and no progress was being made. The latter part of this year things have been changing and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm constantly going to be learning and experimenting and I know there will always be complications (everybody has struggles) but I feel as though I've finally been able to see positive changes and it has just taken this long for things to work themselves out. This year I really want to work hard and accomplish a health goal. Whether it's hitting goal weight, or working on a better diet, and even if it takes me until December 31st, I want to do it. 

6. REUNITE WITH MY CAMERA
Ever since I was a little girl I've always loved taking pictures and making videos. I've been like this my whole life, but the last little bit of 2019 I've just been in some rut. I didn't take that many pictures or make any videos and it makes me sad. I'm a creative soul and this year I've struggled with my motivation to create anything. Any time I was taking pictures or filming I felt a lot of pressure because I knew it was something I loved doing but I wasn't loving it. I don't know why I've been feeling like this, but this year I want it to be different. I'm picking up my camera more, without any expectations from myself and clicking record.

7. START DOING SOME YOGA   
I want to try doing yoga this year because I've gotten to a point where become very inflexible. I also have a dumb back and I know stretching my body will help make me stronger and release a lot of tension mentally and physically. I'll probably just do it in my room and I don't know how often, but it's something I want to try. 

8. TRAVEL AS OFTEN AS I CAN
My greatest passion in life. I just want to travel as much as I can this year. Simple as that. 

And that's it! I'm going to try my hardest to achieve my goals this year because I know it will lead me to a better version of myself and that's the point of making these resolutions. I'm excited for 2020 and all that comes with it! Cheers! 


Comments

back to top