HELLO SEATTLE

About a month ago I woke up to a text from my cousin Abbie with details to a Seattle flight and a message saying "wake up so we can book this."
Of course being the the travel obsessed person I am, I jumped out of bed and we booked a long weekend trip to the Pacific North West.
I've wanted to go to Seattle for a while, and I was so excited to go with Abbie. This was the first trip we'd been on just the two of us and it was so fun! We kind of decided to not make any plans which was so not like me, but it was fun to just show up there and feel like we had the freedom to just do whatever we felt like in the moment!
I knew this place was going to be beautiful based off my intense studying and because pretty much everything is filmed in this part of the world, and let me tell you, it sure is. The view outside our hotel window was of Lake Union and it was breathtaking. I woke up every morning and just stood there at the window. I'm definitely going to need big windows in my future home.
I never really know how to write about trips here on my blog (I usually just make a video) but I want to share my pictures!
Here's a few of the things we saw/did/ate:
We ate lunch at the docks on Lake Union and watched the sea planes land on the water. It was so pretty and so peaceful. That is until a group of college students ran and jumped in the water in front of us. The sun was out and everyone was outside soaking it up. I don't think they get a lot of that there.
We got treats at a bakery and visited Gasworks Park. This is a popular park in Seattle and I recommend going if you're there because the view of the city and lake is beautiful. Pretty much every view is beautiful.
It was pretty windy, and I laughed forever at this picture of Abbie (sorry Ab 🤣)
Of course we visited the Public Market on Pike St. and looked through all the shops! There was live music, pretty flowers, workers throwing fish, and people from all over!
We headed down to the water to do some more touristy things!
We did the Great Wheel and Wings over Washington. So fun!
We went up to the top of the Space Needle one day, and I am so happy we did! The 360 degree view of Seattle was stunning. We spent time on the observation deck taking pictures and marveling at the city and also down on the revolving glass floor. That was a little freaky.
We loved seeing all that is Seattle.
Nothing comes between Abbie and her marzipan.
One night we walked around downtown and got some ice cream that I've always wanted to try and it was amazing. We then walked back down to the Public Market before grabbing some dinner. Dessert first is ok right?
One of the last things we did before we left was visit Kerry Park. The view is stunning but it was incredibly windy that day and freezing cold. I've never laughed so hard because we made fools of ourselves just trying to walk in a straight line. Not from here haha.
Some kid left his coat. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Some behind the scenes haha!
We had such a good time in Seattle and I'm grateful we made it out before the coronavirus! I can't wait for our next trip together. Below is a list of some food recommendations and I've also made a video of our trip that I posted on YouTube so check that out!
Thanks for reading!

My favorite things we ate:
- Taco Chuckis
- Beecher's Mac and cheese (my favorite)
- Pink Door
- Salt + Straw ice cream























Comments

back to top