Snaps from Summer!


Happy July! My favorite month of the whole year and it's only 10 days in! So far, this summer has been super relaxing and full of a lot of working, going to the movies, hanging out in the backyard and trying to figure out life! It's difficult to try and find what you want to do with your life and which direction to go in! But it's summer... so let's not worry about it yet. 😜
Here are some things I've been up to:
During the first week of June, a bunch of my family and I stayed in St. George for a few days. It was a really nice getaway until 4 of us caught this awesome thing call "swimmer's itch" in Sand Hollow Reservoir. Your body itches like you can't even imagine. It's a parasite that burrows into your skin and it comes from snails. DISGUSTING. 
It felt like having a billion mosquito bites and pins and needles all over your body... for 3 hours straight. We drove home as fast as we could and jumped in the chlorine to kill it, then took oatmeal baths and covered ourselves in cortisone cream. It was probably the worst experience I've ever had, and a week later we all broke out in hives and looked like we had chick pox. That's the short version of the story.
Mosquito bites have nothing on me anymore and I'll pass on going to Sand Hollow from now on.
But on the upside, the Jonas Brother's album came out while I was sitting in the Smiths parking lot, so I sat there and listened to the whole thing. It's incredible and childhood Zoe was in heaven. My favorites on the album are Love Her, Rollercoaster, and Comeback.
Love our trips to the family cabin!
One of the main reasons why July is my favorite month is because of the 4th (my favorite holiday)! 
This year was so anticipated because Stranger Things 3 was released on Netflix the same day. I've been counting down the days since they announced it, and I am sooo in love with it. It baffles me when I talk to people who haven't seen it. We watched it all day long and took breaks during the festivities. 
The fourth is also my cousin Amelia's birthday and I love celebrating her. I made her a sparkler cake and we sang and I made her cry with a giant picture I gave her. Welcome to the 20s Amelia!
I've started re-reading the Harry Potter series, playing Uno after dinner and spending the evenings in the backyard with my family. I don't think I've ever had this many BBQs in my life. We've eaten dinner in the backyard like 3-4 times a week in the past month and it is so lovely. 
 Summer has been so relaxing and I'm enjoying the nights and spending time with my family. 
Until next time!
xoxo, z




















































Comments

back to top