OUT WITH A BANG


I can't believe July is over! I swear this has been the busiest summer of my life and I just have no sense of where the time has gone. I'm a little excited for the fall time because it has been so unbearably hot this year but I don't ever want summer to end! This past weekend, a few family members, Heleman and I went to California. We wanted to take Amelia there as a late bday present because she had never been! It was such a fun way to end my favorite month!











The first day we got there, we went to California Adventure. It was super fun but let me tell you... I have never been so hot in my entire life. We were drenched and the parks were PACKED because it's summer, a weekend, and they had Pixar Fest going on. Worst time to go. The lines were super long which resulted in us standing in the sun for hours. I don't recommend going on a weekend in July haha. Don't get me wrong, the company was great and whenever we got on the rides, they were so fun.
Has anyone been on Soarin' around the world?? OMG that is the best ride ever! I could have spent the whole day just going on it over and over again. Definitely my type of ride.


Helaman's one request while we were at California Adventure were these turkey legs he raved about. Just appreciate how much of a good time I look like I'm having while digging into this 😂. I look so in love with it. The funny thing is that I don't even like turkey. But I will say this was pretty tasty. And the biggest thing ever.



The next day we went to Disneyland. I am a huge Disney fan so this place is one of my favorites. I was so excited to take Amelia on my favorite rides for her first time. 








Ok not gonna lie, one of the reasons I love Disneyland so much is because of the treats. The Dole Whip at the Tiki Bar and the churros are literally to die for. While we watched the water show at the end of the night, we grabbed like 5 churros cuz we were starving and that was the best churro I've ever eaten. (& I'm not a fan of churros) so the fact that I wolfed it down means something haha. Definitely try the churros if you haven't.


At around 11:30 pm we went on Splash Mountain. We had fast passes for it and we did it because it was Helaman's favorite ride. I tried to avoid going on this ride because I was not prepared to get wet. I hate the feeling of walking around a park all day with wet shoes and socks more than anything. But because it was our last ride and Helaman convinced me that we barely get wet, I gave in.

THAT LITTLE LIAR.

As soon as we got on the ride, I realized just how wet we were gonna get. I started screaming at Helaman cuz he tricked me (I mean look at his face) and I couldn't stop laughing cuz I couldn't believe it. It was so dark out and I just had to suck it up and get wet. That being said, I was sitting near the front so by the end, I was soaked. It was so so funny and afterwards we just laughed and laughed cuz we were walking around like old people while our clothes were stuck to us. It was the only time I was freezing cold. It was such a fun way to end the night haha.




The next day we were so tired so we just spent the day at the beach. My favorite place!


It was the prettiest sunset that night.








Yes we bought blow up chickens, and yes it was the funnest thing ever haha.






It was such a fun trip and I loved spending it with my cousins. I'm sad to be home, but glad I have such happy memories.
Time to say goodbye to July! It's been such a good month and I already can't wait for next year.
I'm now off to edit wedding photos and email Ben (who sent out his first missionary email today! I miss him so much - that was the only part of July that sucked!)

Until Next Time!

♡ Zoë

Comments

back to top