A CALI WEEKEND





This weekend, my family and I went to California because my cousin had a wedding reception for her husband's side of the family. (They are all from Cali.) I thought I should go because I was a bridesmaid.. and let's be real.. any excuse I can get to go to Newport, I'm gonna take.



 I was really happy because some of my cousins got to come too and it was their first time there. I loved having my favorite people in my favorite place! It was so fun to be there with them.


The waves were absolutely huge the first day we got there, so watching Josh and Izaak try to swim and totally get wiped out every time was so funny. (and at times even a little scary lol) We just had to make sure their heads popped up after each wave crashed.




 Trying to punch & karate chop the waves..








While we were at the beach, Joe (my uncle) went down to the water to take some pictures of the kids in the ocean, but because the waves were so ginormous, while looking through his phone, he didn't realize the size of the wave coming and before he knew it, the wave took him out. Luckily his phone was okay (and his body) but he had to take everything out of his pockets to dry in the sun. Idk why I found this so funny! 


 Ben was the unlucky one and got the worst sunburn the day before. He burns easier than me I swear. He was so dang red and had to buy a hat and a long sleeve shirt to cover up because he was so burnt. 
He kept cool by pouring water on his sleeves 😂 
I would have felt bad for him, but I'm still getting over the trauma of my sunburn (the worlds worst sunburn) from Florida a month ago.. (pictures to come later)


That evening was the reception and it was a BIG FAT FAIL on my part for not taking pictures.. All I got was the flowers.. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️




My family decided to stay an extra day so we just spent the day at Newport eating yummy food, bike riding, and sitting on the beach!


My dad took a tumble on the bike 😂. I promised I helped him up, I just had to take a picture..
I'm so mean.










The best corn dogs ever... Balboa BBQ.


 Izaak requested a shovel because he said ever since he was a little boy, he dreamed of digging holes at the beach.. so I bought him one and he went to TOWN. 
Such a funny kid.






The next morning we woke up, got donuts for breakfast, and headed home!




My cute parents. 



 I love Newport with all my heart and I'm always so bummed whenever I leave... but I will say seeing the sunset as we entered Utah reminded me why I love home so much!

I'm so excited for the Fourth of July tomorrow and all the fun stuff to come! Sorry for so many pictures!
Until next time!

♡ zoë 




Comments

  1. Don’t apologize for your pictures! They’re awesome! Looks like a very good time was had 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top