These are a few of my favorite things

Hi! Since it's the last day of October I wanted to share some of my favorite things I've discovered this month! 🍁 It's been a really good month, but I'm so excited for the holiday season to start!

TV SHOWS:
The Politician
Ryan Murphy's new show came out on Netflix this month and it's so incredible. I've been waiting for it to come out for a while and as soon as they announced Ben Platt was starring in, I knew I'd love it. It's definitely not for everyone, and I even thought there were moments that could have been taken out, but the story and the characters work so well and it's so creative. Ben Platt makes it for me and he even performs a few musical numbers that are stunning.
Downton Abbey
Everyone has always told me I needed to watch this show, so I finally jumped on the bandwagon after seeing the movie in the theater and it's now one of my favorite series. The characters and relationships between everyone makes the show so great and I love stepping back into the early 1900s. Everything is so stunning. If anyone wants to plan a trip to Highclere Castle, count me in.

SONGS/ALBUMS:
River // Ben Platt
In the Politician, Ben Platt's character Payton sings a cover of Joni Mitchel's River and it's my favorite part of the whole show. I'm such a huge fan of Ben Platt and I think he has one of the most breathtaking voices. 
Light's Up // Harry Styles
Love of my life. Musical genius. Masterpiece.
Lose you to love me // Selena Gomez 
This song is so heartbreaking and so beautiful. I'm so impressed with it.
Christmas in the city // Lea Michele (album)
Ok, I admit that I'm crazy for listening to Christmas music already, but when you're feeling the Christmas spirit, you have to embrace it and this album is one of the reasons for that. I'm a sucker for Christmas music and Lea's voice is amazing. My favorite songs on it are White Christmas (featuring the other love of my life - Darren Criss) and Christmas in New York. I'm going to New York in December so this song completely embodies how I'm feeling and hypes me up so much! Im really excited for the holidays!

BOOKS:
A Study in Charlotte // Brittany Cavallaro
This is the first book in the Charlotte Holmes series and it is centered around the descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Sherlock Holmes is my favorite TV show so I knew I would enjoy this series and I totally fell in love with these characters. I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy mysteries and the Homes/Watson duo! 

MOVIES:
I am so not into Halloween, so I've already started binging the super cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies because the holidays are just not complete without them. Even though I feel as though I could make one myself, I still love them. Binge the cringe.

QUOTE:
"I find it amusing that we're all pretending to be normal when we could be insanely interesting instead." - atlas

THINGS I'M DOING:
- Make playlists (my spotify)
- GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS. Crafts, recipes, playlists.. it's all I'm thinking about now.


OTHERS:
- Daybreak on Netflix
- These shoes
- Currently reading this book
- My new favorite thing to eat


That's all for now! Thanks for reading.

xoxo, zoe





-










Comments

back to top