My Favorite Things in January

sugarhouse park, slc

Favorite TV Show of the Month:
- The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story 
Season 2 of Ryan Murphy's American Crime Story finally came to Netflix! I've wanted to watch this for a while because I'm a huge fan of Darren Criss (who won 4 awards for this role, including an Emmy), and the story of Andrew Cunanan and Versace really intrigued me. I wasn't alive when it happened, so it was fascinating (and a little freaky) to watch and learn about this real life tragedy and killing spree that took place in the late 90's...and I'm a sucker for a good murder story. I knew that it would be a pretty intense and heavy show (which it is), but I was surprised by how much it actually moved me emotionally. The acting was incredible to me and it was shot so beautifully. I really recommend it to anyone who is into those types of shows. And it definitely made me want to go back to Florida. 
star rating 5/5 ★★★★★

Favorite Movie of the Month:
- The Upside
See this! I didn't know anything about this movie, but I heard really good things about it so I saw it and I really loved it. It is such a feel good movie. The story is so sweet and it is actually really really funny. Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston's characters make such a great duo. I definitely want to see it again!
star rating 5/5 ★★★★★

Favorite Book or Podcast of the Month:
- COLD (podcast)
I've heard so many people online rave about this podcast and I thought it was right up my alley, so I started listening to it and it's insane. The segments are a little too long for me (about an hour each), so it's taking me some time to get through it but it's so fascinating. It dives into the details of the Powell family and the unfortunate events involving them, with footage and facts that have never before been released. To me, it's really creepy to hear the voices of the family members (especially Josh Powell) and to listen to what is going through their minds and to hear how things panned out the way they did. So far so good, and I'm excited to listen to it some more!

Favorite Song of the Month:
- Back Pocket // Vulfpeck
This was my top track of the month, and if you like funk I think you're gonna like it too. I first heard a cover of this song by an a cappella group called Pitch Slapped and it was amazing, so I found the original and started researching and reading about the band Vulfpeck and fell in love. Theo Katzman has one of the coolest voices and the music they produce is fantastic.  

Favorite Activity of the Month:
- Watching the Award Shows
I've always loved watching award shows, and this year I've decided to watch as many as I can and keep tabs on my favorite nominees and their work. There were 3 just this month and I really enjoyed spending my Sunday nights watching those! I love that kind of stuff.

Favorite Quote of the Month:
"People love being around people who love what they do. Find your gift, find your joy, then pour gas on it and light it."
- Dave Ramsey

A Few Other Favorites:
This cover of one of my favorite broadway songs.
This film on Netflix featuring one of my favorite bands - I'm convinced Ryan Tedder is one of the most talented artists on Earth.
- Mario Kart


Happy February! xoxo, Zoƫ







Comments

back to top