Paris, France


PARIS!!! This city is an absolute DREAM. 
I wasn't expecting to feel as emotionally attached to Paris as I was.
I really understand why it's called the City of Love. You can feel the romance in the air.. it's freaky weird but sooo cool. I wouldn't know how to describe it.



Anyway.. prepare for tons of pics.


Right before we left for Paris, Amelia started feeling really sick. We were worried because she threw up and was feeling super nauseous and we still had to drive 2 hours to Versailles (which definitely would not help). I told her to sleep while Anna and I packed her bags because we didn't want her sick in the car. 
The CUTEST Vincent made a literal bed out of his car so that she could lay all the way down with pillows and blankets. She got really comfortable and was able to stare out the sun roof with me and Anna by her side while we drove to Paris!!


Our first day there we went to Versailles, and we were so lucky that our hotel was right around the corner. The castle was huge and so gorgeous. I remember hearing about the castle and that it was a MUST see, but I did not anticipate the gardens.. wow.



We got to ride golf carts around the gardens, and thank heavens cuz my feel weren't going to make it 😂







The clouds looked like paintings. So pretty!






So. Much. History. Definitely go to Versailles if you're traveling to France.



(Napoleon's grave)





Funny story: Anna and I couldn't go into the Notre Dame because we were wearing tank tops 😂 so cute Vincent bought us cheap scarves from a souvenir shop and we were able to cut back into the front of the line.



The Cathedral was super mysterious. The gothic style made the feeling of it almost creepy. Definitely cool though and I now need to watch the Hunchback of Notre Dame.


We had such an incredible lunch with the prettiest view the next day. 




I took my desserts very seriously throughout the trip.. (and always).




It was so fun to see the Eiffel Tower in real life. It was WAY bigger than I expected. That thing is ginormous and so beautiful. 



The LDS temple is a beaut.





We were waiting in line underground, and it was so hot, so Amelia wanted to get her hair out of her face (cuz it 70 ft long), so I tried to do some space buns.... it didn't work and everyone was laughing at us.



We walked 200 steps up the Arc De Triomphe that evening. It killed us... but the view was SO worth it.







We had dinner on a boat on the Seine River and it was the most incredible experience ever. We were so excited to float by the eiffel tower and all the cool sights that we were a little hyper. We were able to stand on top of the boat while we waited for our food and it was so beautiful. I couldn't believe where I was. 





(the real us 😂)



We listened to some music while floating along the river and it was so serene. 

"Our Last Summer" from the Mamma Mia soundtrack will forever remind us of that trip. The words are spot on.





The sky went from straight purple to dark blue, and around 10:00 the Eiffel Tower lit up. It was shining gold, and the contrast against the sky was so magical. 



I will forever remember this night ♡




Go to LADUREE. Best macaroons EVER! (the salted caramel was to die for)











Our last day in Paris was so fun. We woke up in a hurry to get in line for the Louvre, and we rushed to a bakery to get our breakfast: Warm croissants filled with chocolate, and FRESH squeezed orange juice. We ate while we walked to the museum, and it was the BEST breakfast ever!! I get so excited just reminiscing about it. 
Paris does breakfast RIGHT.






Lunch in the garden.. it was so yummy! The dessert was AMAZING.





That Tiramisu though 😍





We stopped at Montmartre on our way out of Paris, and it was so cute. It's a hill in Paris with a big cathedral at the top. It's a very artsy place. The streets are lined with apartments, restaurants and cafés, and towards the top there is a square where tons of artists have their artwork set up to sell. 
Funny story 2: My cousin Anna was planning on buying some art while we were there, and so we looked all over for something that stuck out to her, and we came across this older man who's painting were absolutely gorgeous, and as we were waiting for Anna to pick the one she wanted and pay for it, I started balling my eyes out because of one of his paintings right in front of him and everyone in the streets. It was so embarrassing and I had NO idea why I was crying.. I was laughing at myself at the same time.
I ended up buying it.


So pretty. 


After my crying fit, we walked back down the hill of Montmartre and bought this crepe. It was a caramel crepe and it was so warm. To die for.

We then took off back to Lille so we could catch our flight to Ireland the next day.


I feel so incredibly luck to have explored this city. The atmosphere is so romantic and there is so much history.

Until next time Paris



Comments

back to top